Saturday, October 25, 2008

For Gus and Laurie

A few years ago in the time before children, we went to my parents' house for Christmas. Gus and Laurie also went that year. While shopping in one of the many cheap-o dollar stores in Willcox, we found some foam animal hats for $1.00. So, we got one for each of us, and since we were feeling generous, we got one for Mom and Dad too. So, the next day we decided to make Christmas morning a little more fun and we all wore our animal hats as we opened presents. Of course, we all looked ridiculous, but it was fun. I would post some pics, but not only was this in the day before children, it was in the day before we owned digital cameras. I would have to find them and scan them, and I won't do it (yes, I am that lazy). So, back to the point of this post....I was out shopping the other day and found a jackpot of foam animal hats. I'm happy to say that foam animal hats have advanced in the few short years and are much cooler and more detailed. And, despite the inflation we have all seen on food, the cooler foam animal hats are still just $1.00. So, I got this great elephant hat for Kassidy. She LOVED it. Sadly, the new, cooler foam hats are still foam and the elephant had a torn-up crooked trunk in no time. But hey, it was only a buck. Since we will have no family around for Christmas, I just might have to go get one for each of our little family...just for laughs, and maybe a start a new tradition. And maybe if we like the gift we get, we'll have to make the animal noise that matches our hat. Hmmmmmm.


2 comments:

Alice said...

Suzi, you are my absolute favorite. I love your sense of humor.

Laurie said...

Ahhh, memories! That was fun. We still have those hats and GRacie LOVES playing with them. I think it's a great new tradition. Especially the making the animal noise part.
Love it!