Friday, March 7, 2008

A Tribute...

to the small things in life that make me happy. Going through such a big change recently, I have realized that sometimes I have to focus on the small things that make me happy. So, here's a little shout out to some of the things I have thought about recently.


I really love Diet Pepsi, and yes, sometimes it makes me happy. My husband is the caffeine Nazi) when I'm pregnant (I AM NO NAZI, from Levi), so while he took a nap in our hotel room on Wed. I took Kassidy outside to play and snuck in and bought one from the vending machine. Mmmm, it hit the spot. (or was it the fun of disobeying that was so great? Either way...mmmm)




Arizona sunsets. I did not take this picture, but it is of an AZ sunset in Tucson, and it's beautiful. Since I haven't seen the sun for more than a total of three or four days, I haven't really seen a sunset since we moved. But, thinking about them and looking a pics makes me happy!




Jack Handey and his deep thoughts are stinkin' hilarious, and they always make me laugh. This man has made a great living publishing the absolutely crazy things that go through his mind. Many of us probably have the same thoughts, but don't have the guts to tell anyone about them, much less go on national TV or publish them. Thank you, Jack, for having no shame! There are a few of them that Levi and I quote to each other when an opportunity arises. Here are some faves:

"To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" you can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

"I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes! Hey, better try the emergency brake!"

"If I come back as a horsefly, I think my favorite thing would be to land on someone's lip. Even if they smach you, ick!, you're all over their lip!"

"I hope they never find out that lightning has a lot of vitamins in it, because do you hide from it or not?"

"Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an any, and sh efell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny."

"It's not good to let any kid near a container that has a skull and crossbones on it, because there might be a skeleton costume inside and the kid could put it on and really scare you."





2 comments:

Raysha said...

AAAhhhhh! Jack Handy quotes. Gotta love them! I've always loved the sack one too! Oh, and the jack-o-lantern, knife, sign that says "you" one.

spice2116 said...

i love that book i am going to try and find it.